Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A Big Bugger Birthday Party!

Well, he wanted bugs- so he got bugs.
 
I fell in love with these amazing invites from LuvBugDesign on Etsy. Ashley was super easy to work with and I couldn't have asked for a better product.  I uploaded it to WalMart and had them printed on cardstock for a fraction of the price of the other printer sites. I even chose the option to print a collage of his pictures on the back, and they cost a whopping $0.59 cents each and were at my door with envelopes in three days.  They came and we loved them, so it seemed pretty smart to take those elements and run with them for the rest of the party.
 




 
The favor bags included a plastic mason jar to catch bugs, a bug net, plastic and sticky bugs, plastic bug Easter eggs filled with candy, and a beanie baby bug. At the end of the party I stuffed chocolate covered bumble bee pretzels, chocolate covered frogs and a popcorn cup into each treat bag. No one went home without treats, for sure. Also when it was time for cake, I may or may not have delivered a piece to each child with a cup of dirt. Because we didn't have ice cream.

 
 
Grayson wanted a gym class party, which I mentioned was tough because most gyms don't allow food other than cake. Well a local YMCA came through with this amazing gym class set up, complete with bars and ball pits and fun things to climb all over. The kids LOVED it and they all got to run around until their hearts were content.
 
As for food we were sad because the place we ordered from last year closed down. So we decided to go easy and order pizza and a sandwich ring. It was delicious and easy and I loved it so. I also made some peanut butter sandwiches and cut them into butterflies using a cookie cutter for the non-pizza eaters. Ants on a log, chips, grape caterpillars and bug juice rounded out the food menu.  
 
Then it was time for cake. If anyone remembers last year, Grayson pitched a FIT when we sang to him. So to say I was nervous was an understatement.
 

But no worries at all this year, he loved it! Im pretty sure he asked if we could do it again.
 



I still cant believe my little boy turned three. Of course he is already asking about his next birfday party. I cant wait to see what he comes up with next year!

8 comments:

  1. I appreciate, result in I found exactly what I used to be taking a look for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is really the best on this valuable topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful web site. Plenty of useful info here. I am sending it to several pals ans additionally sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. It appears as if some of the written text on your content are running off the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Post for Beginner to understand. Thanks for information. Keep sharing more articles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was seeking this particular info for a long time. Thank you and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)