School is over in 28 days lovelies, and my poor brain cant take it anymore.
So I turn to Pinterest for this months edition of Tips and Tricks!
1. This one was uploaded by user, so I'm not sure whose idea/photo this was- but we need to be friends. Instead of using ice in your coffee to make iced coffee, use ice cubes made from coffee so it doesn't get watered down. The more caffeine the better I say! (If this is yours- let me know so I can give you the credit your amazing brain deserves!!)
2. From This Old House- a way to avoid scrubbing the tops of your cabinets! (Please tell me I'm not the only crazy lady who cleans up there?!) Simply place a layer of waxed paper on the top of upper cabinets where dust and grease particles gather. Then every few months, simply switch out the paper for a new sheet!
3. From the smartie-arties over at Stylelist Home, how to remove those obnoxious carpet dents. They have a list of ideas, but the easiest one is ice. Simply place a few cubes on the dent, wait until it melts and then use a sponge to soak up the extra water. Then use a spoon to lift the carpet fibers and dent be gone!
4. I have to share Annie from over at Annilygreen's Super Mom Moment.
Its that amazing, it needs repeated. Esp with summer coming.
What do you do when you have a kiddo who repeatedly asks for Popsicles? Stick a stick in some yogurt and pop it into the freezer of course! Instant fro yo. Healthier than a fudgesicle and delish to boot!
5. The Travel Writer's Life is responsible for our next great idea- using a button to store earrings. Perfect for travel or simply tossing them in your jewelry box, it keeps them together and easy to find!
6. Another why didn't I think of that moment. When cooking, cover a bowl in aluminum foil and pour the excess grease in. Once its hardened, roll up the foil and toss away. You can also fill an aluminium can if you have one of those lying around!
7. Found on LifeHacker.com- use a can of Crisco to make an emergency candle. Simply stick in a wick and it will burn for up to 45 days. Surely that's enough time for Duquesne Light to get the power back on!
8. When you have a party, take some of the extra balloons, fill them with water and freeze them. Use these to keep drinks cold rather than paying money for ice! This is all over Pinterest, and I'm not sure who came up with it originally...but Ill bet its someone whose hubby forgot to buy some ice....
9. Summer to me means consuming tons of fresh corn on the cob- but Im a freak about the strands of silk. Real Simple posted the great idea to use a clean toothbrush to remove stray threads of silk from freshly shucked ears of corn. The bristles will lift them away quickly and efficiently- and in alot less time than peeling off each piece like I used to do!
10. Have you ever heard of the blog I'm a Lazy Mom? If you haven't, go here. Now. Don't wait. Stacey is the hilarious, smart, super real momma who shares her wisdom out there for Moms who are busy raising children who can actually do things for themselves. YESS! That alone is enough for this high school teacher (who was asked this week if I could just jot down a childs homework in their planner for them and remind them to bring it home to Mommy) coming back daily for more. Shes full of these amazing, life simplifying tips- the kind that make you smack your hand to your head and say "Why didn't I think of that?" Ive been stopping by her blog every few days for awhile now, and was super excited to find a post of hers on Pinterest that I hadn't read yet. Her dose of brilliance has to do with my least favorite chore ever, laundry.
Basically, buy each member of the family a mesh lingerie laundry bag and a hook. They then put their dirty socks in the bag each night. Then when it's full, you wash the whole mesh zipped up bag, and give it back! No more sorting through and figuring out which socks are for which person! Then the kiddos or hubs is on his or her own to sort through the socks.
Thats all for today lovelies- my poor brain hurts!